Obama nothin', I can make the front page too!



A couple of weeks ago Obama made the the front page here in China when he won the election. Well, it turns out that it's not that hard to do! (For those of you who have kept up with us, you'll remember that I made the newspaper another time as well.)

I recently took the HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi - Chinese Proficiency Test). It is nick-named the "Chinese TOEFL". Over 600 students took the test at Qingdao University. In my particular class I was the only "Western-looking" student, as everyone else was *Korean. In fact, on my way to and from the test I didn't see a single "Western-looking" person!

The HSK test is quite difficult as it is only in Chinese characters. There were quite a few questions that I just had to guess at. I have to wait 50 days before I find out the results. If you don't see me blog about the results within 2 months, that means I probably didn't do very well on the test and am ashamed to tell anyone about it :)

PHOTO CAPTION: Overseas students take the "Chinese TOEFL"

*The Korean population is Qingdao is huge!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Beuk said...

dude! huge kudos for even showing up. I am sure you did great!

Anonymous said...

can i have your autograph?

Anonymous said...

Are you the giant white guy cheating over the partition???
Nate C